The Lake Leelanau Lake Association is a non-profit organization whose Mission is to establish programs to promote and protect the best interests and uses of the riparian owners, boaters, fishermen, bathers and all other parties who have access to Lake Leelanau. In doing so, the Association will review and respond to all issues relating to the protection and preservation of Lake Leelanau and its watershed, including issues regarding safety and recreational enjoyment of the lake.
From time to time the Lake Association is called upon to contribute to and ﬁnancially support various activities, efforts and programs that assist and or aid in achieving the above listed objectives. Consistent with its stated Mission, the Lake Association will consider written requests for ﬁnancial support and assistance for programs provided these requests meet the following criteria:
- The request is consistent with the Mission of the Lake Association.
- The request is made by a not for profit entity or group (a group is required to be an ofﬁcial not-for-proﬁt 501c3 or an equivalent entity). Requests to support government programs will be considered. Requests from for-proﬁt entities will not be considered: for-profit entities are not eligible contributions.
- The entity or group making the request is simultaneously engaged in its own fundraising efforts in order to help fund its program, and the Lake Association is not being asked to be the sole provider of funds. The entity or group's own fund raising efforts may be comprised of self-help or “sweat equity” efforts.
- The Lake Association may approve such requests by a majority of the Board members present during meetings when they are brought forward.
- All decisions on whether to provide financial support and the amount thereof are totally at the discretion of the Board of the Association.
The Lake Association Board may also consider the use of matching contributions by the entity or group or its individual members to the Lake Association as a means of facilitating the raising of funds by the entity or group provided the purpose is consistent with this Policy.